Cloud9 is a classic 100% varietal Cabernet Franc. Here are our five top tasting points:-
- The colour is a less dense but brighter red than other Bordeaux varietals. It looks lovely.
- The nose is now a beautiful fine mixture of red currants and cherries, again showing what CabFranc does best.
- It’s very soft, medium bodied and increasingly complex but still fruity as the one year oak maturation adds its class.
- For a young red Bordeaux, the tannins are light and very smooth. No big dry taste across the tongue.
- And finally Cloud9 has an almost endless finish with a lovely slight peppery zing that completes the whole taste experience.
Cloud9 benefits from being decanted into a carafe prior to tasting and serving. We recommend opening the bottle 1 – 2 hours before drinking or decanting 30 minutes before drinking. A little longer won’t do any harm!