The second of our #Food4CabFranc recipes comes from Lauren Walsh (aka The Swirling Dervish) (Twitter @theswirlingderv) (Facebook The Swirling Dervish) who is a Wine Explorer and Educator. And, as you will see, a great chef also. She also has a passion for Cabernet Franc wines and loves finding / creating great dishes to pair with the princess of red wines. Here she presents her Roasted Stuffed Poblano Peppers recipe for us. #Thank you Lauren.
Roasted Stuffed Poblano Peppers – Ingredients
4 Poblano peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
1 lb. mild Italian chicken sausage (if links, casing removed)
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large shallot, chopped
Shredded manchego cheese
Roasted Stuffed Poblano Peppers – Cooking
- Rub the outside of the peppers with olive oil and set on a baking sheet.
- Sweat the shallots in some olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook two minutes.
- Add the chicken sausage and cook through, approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in large mixing bowl to cool.
- Stuff each pepper half with the sausage mixture, topping each with shredded Manchego cheese and some smoked paprika.
- Bake at 375F / 190 C for about 20 minutes until warmed through and cheese melts.
Cabernet Franc matches well with dishes prepared with peppers, as there is an herbal element to the wine that complements the same green notes in the dish. The wine also has lovely fruit and enough structure to complement the dish without overwhelming it.
You can find more of The Swirling Dervish’s recipes at theswirlingdervish.com.
Do you have a great recipe that will pair well with Cabernet Franc? Please share it with us – hit the comment / reply button below; we would love to hear from you.